Creme Brulee with Carr's® Ginger Lemon Cremes
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour
- 2 cups light cream
- 5 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
1. In heavy saucepan cook cream over medium-low heat until beginning to boil. Remove from heat. Set aside.
2. In large bowl beat yolks, 1/3 cup sugar, vanilla and salt with wire whisk until just combined. Gradually whisk in cream.
3. In large shallow pan place six 3/4-cup souffle dishes or 6-ounce custard cups. Pour egg mixture into cups. Pour enough boiling water into pan around dishes to reach halfway up sides of dishes. Bake at 325°F for 45 to 50 minutes or until knife inserted near center of custard comes out clean.
4. Remove dishes from water. On wire rack cool for 1 hour. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 8 hours.
5. Let custards stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, in medium heavy skillet heat 1/4 cup sugar over medium-high heat until sugar begins to melt. Shake skillet occasionally for even heating. Do not stir. Reduce heat to low. Cook, shaking skillet occasionally, until sugar is melted and golden. Quickly drizzle over custards. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately with cookies.
NOTE: Fat-free light cream does not work well in this recipe.