Creamy Green Bean Casserole
Green beans, in a rich, sour cream sauce and topped with both Swiss cheese and crunchy Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal, make an elegant casserole.
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, divided
- 2 cup (4 oz.) Kellogg's Corn Flakes®
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 package (20 oz.) French-style green beans, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded low-fat Swiss cheese
1. In 3-quart saucepan, melt margarine over low heat. Remove from heat. Remove 2 tablespoons margarine and mix with KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal. Set aside for topping.
2. To remaining margarine in pan, stir in flour, salt, pepper, sugar and onion powder. Gradually stir in sour cream. Fold in green beans. Pour into 10 x 6 x 2-inch (1 1/2-quart) glass baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle cheese and cereal mixture over casserole.
3. Bake at 400° F about 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve hot.