Creamy Cheese Pie
A crust made with cinnamon and Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal encloses the cheesecake-like filling of this pie.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour
- 3 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 packages (8oz. each) light cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, divided
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 can (21 oz.) tart cherry pie filling
1. Combine KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal, margarine, the 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
Press and arrange mixture evenly in bottom and on side of 9-inch pie pan. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, the
1/3 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice, mixing until well combined and
smooth. Pour mixture into crust.
3. Bake at 375° F about 20 minutes or until center is set.
4. While pie is baking, stir together sour cream and the remaining 2 tablespoons
sugar. Remove pie from oven. Spread sour cream mixture over top. Return to oven.
Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool completely.
5. Stir together cherry pie filling and the remaining 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Spread
over top of cooled pie. Chill thoroughly. Serve cold. Store in refrigerator.