Creamy Banana-Cherry Pie
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 5 minutes
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter softened
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese softened
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup diced banana
- 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries well-drained
- 2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
1. Thoroughly combine crumbs, sugar and margarine. Press evenly and firmly in
bottom and on sides of 9-inch pie pan; chill.
2. Soften gelatin in cold water 5 minutes. Heat, stirring frequently, until
gelatin is dissolved and mixture is clear; set aside.
3. Beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add sweetened condensed milk.
Stir in lemon juice, vanilla and hot gelatin, mixing until thoroughly
combined. Add bananas and cherries. Fold in whipped topping. Pour into
prepared crumbs crust. Refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours. Serve garnished
with whipped topping, if desired.
For a crisp and firmer crumbs crust, bake in 350° F oven about 5 minutes
or until lightly browned. Cool completely before filling.
Variation: Pie may be served frozen. Freeze 4 hours or overnight. Remove
from freezer 20 minutes before serving.