High tea just wouldn't be complete without these classic Scottish scones. Serve them warm from the oven with butter and jam or clotted cream and lemon curd. Just one bite and we promise that you'll feel like the queen herself!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
1. In medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, the 1 tablespoon sugar, baking powder
and salt. Stir in KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Using pastry blender, cut in butter until
mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Set aside.
2. Reserve 1 tablespoons egg white. Beat remaining eggs with half and half. Add to
cereal mixture, stirring only until combined. Turn out on lightly floured board. Knead
gently a few times. Roll out to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 3-inch squares. Cut squares
in half to form triangles.
3. Beat reserved egg whites with water. Brush over dough. Sprinkle with sugar. Place
on ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake at 450° F about 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately
accompanied by butter and preserves, if desired.