Cranberry Turkey Appetizer Meatballs
A double dose of cranberries dresses up these tasty turkey meatballs up for holiday parties. Dried cranberries mingle with thyme and green onions inside the meatballs, while whole berry cranberry sauce seasoned with horseradish makes a tasty dipping sauce.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt or salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 7 ounces whole berry cranberry sauce (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 apples, cut into bite-size chunks
1. In large bowl combine egg, KELLOGG’S ALL-BRAN BRAN BUDS cereal, green onions, milk, thyme, seasoned salt and pepper. Let stand for 5 minutes to soften cereal.
2. Add ground turkey and dried cranberries; mix well. Shape mixture into twenty-four 1 1/4-inch meatballs. Place on 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan lined with foil and coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake meatballs, uncovered, at 425° F for 12 to 14 minutes or until no longer pink (170° F internal temperature).
4. Meanwhile, for dipping sauce, in small microwave-safe bowl whisk together cranberry sauce and horseradish. Microwave, loosely covered, at high for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until warm, stirring every 30 seconds.
5. On small wooden skewers or toothpicks thread apple chunks and meatballs. Serve warm with dipping sauce.