Cranberry Muffins with Raisins
Pumpkin pie spice is the secret ingredient that sets these muffins apart. Raisins, chopped fresh cranberries and orange peel complete the autumn-magic sensation of these cool weather treats. A wonderful way to welcome November.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spice. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg whites and oil. Beat well. Stir in cranberries, raisins and orange peel. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spoon evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray (muffin-pan cups will be full).
3. Bake at 400° F about 22 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Yield: 12 muffins