Dried cranberries, orange peel and chopped pecans add a fresh, sweet flavor to these moist and tender muffins. Perfect in your lunch box or as an alternative to overly sweet cupcakes. A cheerful, sunny-tasting pick-me-up.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange peel
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and oil. Beat well. Stir in cranberries, orange peel and pecans. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400° F about 20 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Yield: 12 muffins
*NOTE: For extra flavor toast the pecans before adding them to the batter. To toast pecans: spread them in a single layer in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350ºF for 5 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Be sure to watch carefully and stir them once or twice so they don't burn.