Cranberry Coffee Cake
A festive, delicious and pretty cake, perfect for getting them out of bed on "Black Friday" (the day after Thanksgiving). A great, make-ahead treat to fuel your shopping fun!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 2 cups raw cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup shortening
1. Combine the 1/2 cup flour and the 1 cup sugar. Using pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cranberries. Set aside for topping
2. Stir together the 1 cup flour, the 1/2 sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
3. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and shortening. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Spread evenly in 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cranberry topping.
4. Bake at 400° F about 45 minutes. Cut into pieces and serve hot.