Cranberry Chicken Melts
Give ordinary chicken sandwiches panache with a simple sauce consisting of tangy cranberries and pungent Dijon mustard.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup cranberry-orange crushed fruit for poultry
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2/3 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breast pieces (about 12 oz. total)
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
- 4 slices (4 ounces) provolone cheese
- 1 9-to 10-inch focaccia, cut into fourths and split horizontally
- 4 lettuce leaves
1. In small bowl stir together crushed fruit and mustard. Set aside.
2. In shallow dish combine KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKE crumbs and pepper. Press chicken pieces in Crumb mixture, lightly coating both sides.
3. In very large skillet (12 inch) heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add chicken pieces. Cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Reduce heat to low. Top with cheese. Cover and cook about 1 minute or until cheese melts.
4. Serve chicken in foccacia along with lettuce leaves and cranberry mixture.