Cranberry and Pumpkin Muffins
A hearty pumpkin muffin, perfect for holiday dinners.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, apple pie spice or cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Smart Start® Strong Heart Antioxidants cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup refrigerated egg substitute*
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup Ocean Spray® Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
1. In medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, spice and salt. Set aside.
2. In large bowl combine KELLOGG'S SMART START ANTIOXIDANT cereal and buttermilk. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add pumpkin, egg substitute, brown sugar and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture and cranberries, stirring until just combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray or lined with foil bake cups.
3. Bake at 375°F about 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in muffin pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely.
*Note: If desired, replace egg substitute with 2 slightly beaten eggs.