Cranberry-Pineapple Barbecue Drumsticks
Spicy + tangy + smoky + sweet = YUMMY! Kiss your boring barbecue goodbye and say hello to the new sauce in town. Best of all, these ""barbecued"" drumsticks are actually made in the slow cooker, for super-rich taste and super-easy prep.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 45 minutes
- 12 chicken drumsticks, skin removed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 can (14 oz.) whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple in its own juice, drained
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard or spicy brown mustard
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
1. On rack of broiler pan place drumsticks. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Broil 4- to 5-inches from heat for 10 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
2. In 5- to 6-quart crockery cooker place onion and chicken. In small bowl stir together cranberry sauce, cereal, pineapple, barbecue sauce and mustard. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
3. Place rice on serving platter. Top with chicken drumsticks. Stir sauce. Spoon over chicken.