Crab Cakes with Cilantro Mayonnaise
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6-8 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 3/4 cups Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 2 packages (8 oz. each) imitation crab meat
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup diced green or red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
1. In small bowl combine mayonnaise, 1/2 cup cilantro, lemon juice and 6 to 8 drops pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate.
2. In shallow dish resesrve 3/4 cup of Kellogg's Corn Flake Crumbs. Set aside.
3. In large bowl flake crab meat. Add remaining corn flake crumbs, egg, bell pepper, cilantro, mayonnaise, mustard and 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce. Mix well. Using about 1/3 cup for each, shape crab mixture into twelve 3/4-inch-thick patties. Lightly coat with reserved crumbs.
4. In large skillet melt margarine or butter. Cook crab patties in butter over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Garnish as desired. Serve with mayonnaise mixture.