Cornish Beef Pasties
Named after Cornwall, Britain, traditional Cornish pasties consist of a rich pastry crust wrapped around a chopped meat-and-potato filling.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 pound beef round steak, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup diced, peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced, peeled turnips
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (11 oz.) pie crust mix
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- or 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 7 tablespoons cold water
1. In large mixing bowl, combine beef, potatoes, turnips, carrots, onions,
salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Stir together pie crust mix and KELLOGG'S Corn Flake Crumbs. Add water,
mixing with fork until dough holds together. Add 1 to 2 teaspoons additional
water, if needed.
3. Divide dough into 6 equal portions. On lightly floured surface, roll each
portion to 7-inch circle. Top each with 3/4 cup meat mixture. Moisten edge
with water. Fold in half and press edges to seal, using tines of fork. Cut 2
or 3 slits in top of pasties for steam to escape. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake at 400° F about 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot with gravy,