Corn-Crab Cakes with Chipotle Sauce
Chipotle chili pepper sauce, made from smoked jalapeño peppers, lends a complex, smoky flavor to tasty crab cakes.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper sauce, divided
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 can (6 oz.) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine
1. In small bowl stir together mayonnaise and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
2. In medium bowl stir together egg, 1/4 cup of the KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKE CRUMBS, corn, onions, mustard, coriander and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper sauce. Add crabmeat. Mix well. Shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
3. Place remaining Crumbs in shallow dish. Lightly press patties into Crumbs, coating both sides.
4. In large nonstick skillet cook patties in hot butter about 4 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Serve with mayonnaise mixture.