Corn, Artichoke and Tomato Risotto with Spicy Black Bean Burgers
Short grain Italian Arborio rice—the key to good risotto—creates a luscious, creamy dish. We added marinated artichoke hearts, corn, tomato and MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Burgers to this version of risotto
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 Morningstar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers Buy Now
- 3 1/4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 jar (6 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. On microwave-safe plate microwave MORNINGSTAR FARMS Spicy Black Bean Burgers, uncovered, at medium (50% power) about 1 minute. Cut into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
2. In small saucepan bring broth to boiling. Cover and reduce heat until broth just simmers.
3. In large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until onion is tender. Stir in rice and corn. Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until rice begins to brown. Slowly and carefully add 1/2 cup of the hot broth, stirring constantly. Continue to cook and stir over medium heat until broth is absorbed.
4. Repeat adding broth, 1/2 cup at a time, cooking and stirring after each addition until broth is absorbed. Gently stir in burger pieces, artichoke hearts and the last 1/4 cup broth. Cover and cook about 2 minutes more or until heated through. Remove lid. If necessary, cook and stir until all broth is absorbed. Gently stir in tomato and cheese. Serve immediately.