Colorful Cauliflower Bake
This just may be the prettiest side dish ever to grace your plate! Creamy white cauliflower is punctuated by dots of red pimiento and slices of green onion, then topped with a crunchy All-Bran® cereal mixture and baked to bubbly perfection. The perfect way to make any main dish "good enough for guests."
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/3 cups skim milk
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons drained, chopped pimentos
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen, cut cauliflower, thawed, well-drained
1. Combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal, margarine and garlic salt. Set aside
2. In 3-quart saucepan, combine flour, salt and pepper. Add milk, stirring until
smooth, using a wire whip, if necessary. Add bouillon cube. Cook, stirring constantly,
over medium until mixture boils. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer.
Remove from heat. Add pimentos, onions and cauliflower, mixing until combined.
Spread evenly in 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with cereal topping.
4. Bake at 350° F about 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated and sauce is bubbly.
3 1/2 cups fresh cauliflower flowerets, cooked crisp-tender may be substituted for