Coffee Coconut Cake
The rich, dark flavor of coffee and the sweet, tropical taste of coconut lend an exotic flair to this delicious cake. Equally good warm or at room temperature, topped with a dollop of whipped cream. A perfect choice for the book club or afternoon tea.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1 cup cold, strong coffee
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut, divided
1. Stir together flour, sugar, soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and coffee. Let
stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Stir in oil, vinegar, almond extract
and 1/3 cup of the coconut. Add flour mixture, stirring until well combined. Spread
evenly in 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle remaining
coconut over batter.
3. Bake at 350° F about 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes
out clean. Serve warm or cold with whipped topping, if desired.