Coffee Bran Kuchen
This scrumptious German-style coffeecake is richly infused with coffee and topped with a pecan and brown sugar streusel topping. A great way to "wow" them at your next Sunday brunch.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup cold strong coffee
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
1. Mix the 1/4 cup flour, the 1/4 cup brown sugar, cinnamon, 2 tablespoons margarine
and pecans with fork until crumbly. Set aside for topping.
2. In small mixing bowl, combine coffee and cereal. Let stand about 2 minutes or until
cereal is softened.
3. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside.
4. In large mixing bowl, beat together the 1/2 cup margarine and the 3/4 cup sugar
until light and fluffy. Add egg. Beat well. Stir in cereal mixture. Add flour mixture, mixing
until just combined. Pour into 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray
and sprinkled lightly with flour. Sprinkle batter with topping mixture.
5. Bake at 375° F about 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes
out clean. Cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Cut into 3-inch squares or for tea size
servings, cut into 2-inch squares. Serve warm.