Cocoa Branana Bread
This lovely, chocolate-glazed banana-nut loaf is too good to save just for afternoon tea. We bet you'll want a slice for breakfast, one for an after-lunch snack and another after dinner. Better make an extra loaf to share!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 20 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups mashed, fully ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons warm water
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and cocoa. Set aside.
2. In small mixing bowl, stir together bananas and KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal.
Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens.
3. In large mixing bowl, beat margarine and granulated sugar until well mixed. Add
eggs. Beat well. Stir in cereal mixture. Add flour mixture, stirring until combined. Stir
in nuts. Spread evenly in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 350° F about 1 hour or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out
clean. Let cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.
Stir together powdered sugar and water until smooth. Drizzle over bread. Sprinkle
with additional nuts or toasted flaked coconut, if desired.