Cocoa Banana Muffins
The only thing better than a rich chocolate muffin is a rich chocolate muffin studded with slices of ripe, juicy banana. And when you stir in a tasty cup and a half of All-Bran® cereal, you instantly turn a better muffin into the best muffin. Even your kids will agree - who needs cake?
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced ripe bananas
1. In medium bowl stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, soda and salt. Set aside
2. In large bowl combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal and milk. Let stand 3 minutes or until cereal has absorbed milk. Add egg whites and oil; beat well. Stir in bananas. Add dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray or lined with foil bake cups.
3. Bake in 400° F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve warm.