When only comfort food will do, make this classic, ketchup-topped meat loaf that combines ground beef and ground pork seasoned with sage and garlic.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons fat free milk
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® Club® Original Crackers Buy Now
- 3/4 cup Kelloggs® Town House® Original Crackers Buy Now
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound lean ground pork
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
1. In large bowl stir together eggs, milk, sage, pepper, salt and garlic powder. Stir in crackers and onion.
2. Add ground beef and pork. Mix until combined. In shallow baking pan shape meat mixture into 9 x 4-inch loaf. Bake at 350°F for 65 minutes or until no longer pink in center and instant thermometer reads 160°F.
3. Meanwhile, in small bowl stir together ketchup, brown sugar and mustard.
4. Spoon fat from meatloaf. Spread ketchup mixture over top. Bake at 350°F for 10 minutes more. Let stand for 10 minutes.