Cinnamon Swirl Bread
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 50 minutes
- 2 cups Kellogg's Frosted Flakes® cereal
- 5 cups all-purpose flour divided
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 cups warm water (1100 to 1150 F)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Kellogg's Frosted Flakes® cereal
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons margarine melted
1. In large bowl of electric mixer, stir together the crushed KELLOGG'S
FROSTED FLAKES cereal, 3 cups of the flour, the yeast, and salt. Add warm
water, egg, and oil. Beat 3 minutes at medium speed. By hand, gradually stir
in enough remaining flour to make a stiff dough.
2. On lightly floured surface, knead dough about 5 minutes or until smooth and
elastic. Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover lightly.
Let rise in warm place until double in volume (about 1 1/2 hours).
3. Meanwhile, combine the remaining KELLOGG'S FROSTED FLAKES cereal with brown
sugar, cinnamon, and margarine. Set aside.
4. Punch down dough. Divide in half. On lightly floured surface, roll or pat
each half to a 14 x 7-inch rectangle. Sprinkle each with cereal mixture.
Starting with shorter side, roll up tightly, pressing dough into roll with each
turn. Pinch edges and ends to seal. Place in 2 greased 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf
pans. Cover and let rise in warm place until double in volume (about 45
5. Bake at 375° F about 40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans.
Place on wire racks. Drizzle with glaze or brush with additional melted
margarine, if desired.
To make powdered sugar glaze: Combine 1 cup sifted powdered sugar and 4
teaspoons water in small mixing bowl, stirring until smooth. If a thinner
glaze is desired, add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon more water.