Cinnamon Roll Biscuits
Looking for a fresh, homemade version of the gooey chain store treat? These delicious cinnamon roll biscuits are enriched with a cup of All-Bran® cereal for a natural boost of fiber. (Of course, that's not the reason you're going to love them.) We recommend starting with a double batch!
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, divided
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
1. In a large bowl combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in 1/2 cup cold butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in center of flour mixture.
2. In a medium bowl combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN ORIGINAL cereal with milk; let stand 6 minutes or until cereal softens. Stir into flour mixture until dough just forms a ball. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently 10 to 12 strokes. Roll or pat dough on lightly floured surface into a 14 X 10-inch rectangle. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Spread dough with 1/2 cup softened butter; sprinkle with cinnamon mixture. Roll up in a spiral, starting from the long side. Pinch seam to seal. With a knife, cut into 12 thick slices. Arrange slices, cut side down, in a 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400ºF for 24 to 26 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove biscuits from pan. Cool slightly on wire rack. Drizzle with caramel topping.