Cinnamon Peanut Butter Truffles
This crowd-pleasing peanut butter-and-chocolate candy sports bits of Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pop-Tarts® toaster pastries, giving it a hint of cinnamon.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
Kellogg’s® Pop-Tarts®Brown Sugar Cinnamon toaster pastries, finely chopped Buy Now
- 1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon shortening
1. In small mixer bowl beat butter and peanut butter on medium speed of electric mixer until combined. Add KELLOGG’S POP-TARTS Frosted Brown Sugar Cinnamon toaster pastries, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy. Cover and refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm enough to shape into balls.
2. Using a scant tablespoon for each, shape peanut butter mixture into thirty 1-inch balls. Place on wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Freeze for 30 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in small microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Microwave at medium (50% power) for 1 1/2 to 3 minutes or until smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. Use fork to dip peanut butter balls into chocolate, allowing excess chocolate to drip off. Place on another wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 15 to 30 minutes or until set. Store in refrigerator.