Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 1 1/4 cups warm water (110 to 115 F)
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's Raisin Bran® cereal Buy Now
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 oz.) egg custard mix
- 3 to 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1. Combine first 4 ingredients in greased 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Spread evenly. Set aside. Stir together cinnamon and the 1/4 cup sugar. Set aside.
2. Dissolve yeast in warm water in large mixing bowl. Add KELLOGG'S RAISIN BRAN cereal. Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal is softened. Add 4 tablespoons of the softened butter, the salt, and custard mix, stirring until mix is dissolved. Stir in enough flour to make a stiff dough.
3. On lightly floured surface, knead dough into an 18 x 12-inch rectangle. Spread the remaining 2 tablespoons softened butter over dough. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture. Starting from shorter side, roll up dough like a jelly roll. Seal edge. Cut into 1-inch slices. Place cut side down on pecan mixture in pan. Let rise in warm place until double in volume (about 1 hour).
4. Bake at 400° F about 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Invert onto serving plate. Serve warm.
1/2 cup KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal or KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN BRAN BUDS cereal may be substituted for the KELLOGG'S RAISIN BRAN cereal.