Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Flavorsome cinnamon-cereal streusel topping turns this sweet coffee cake into a family favorite, sure to be a big hit for weekend brunch.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 cup Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2/3 cup fat-free milk
1. Combine KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal with the 1 tablespoon margarine,
the 1/4 cup sugar and the 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Set aside.
2. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and the 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In large bowl, beat together the 1/2 cup margarine and the 3/4 cup sugar until light
and fluffy. Add egg yolks. Beat well. Stir in milk. Add flour mixture, stirring only until
4. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into batter. Spread in 9-inch round cake
pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cereal mixture.
5. Bake at 350° F about 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes
out clean. Serve warm.