Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 3 hour 15 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour divided
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Mueslix® cereal Buy Now
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons frozen apple juice concentrate undiluted thawed
1. In large electric mixer bowl, combine 1 cup flour, yeast and salt. Set
2. Heat milk and 1/4 cup margarine until warm (110° F). Gradually add to
flour mixture and beat 1 minute on low speed, scraping bowl frequently. Add
egg whites and 1 cup flour. Beat 2 minutes on low speed.
3. Using dough hook on electric mixer or by hand, stir in remaining flour and
Kellogg's MUESLIX cereal. Knead on low speed or by hand for 5 minutes or until
dough is smooth and elastic. Add extra flour (a tablespoon at a time) if dough
is too sticky to handle.
4. Place dough in bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat top.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let rise in warm place until double in
volume (about 1 hour).
5. Punch down and roll dough on lightly floured surface into 12 x 9-inch
rectangle. Spread the 1 tablespoon margarine on dough. Combine sugar and
cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over dough surface. Starting with shorter side,
roll dough lengthwise. Place seam side down in 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan coated
with cooking spray. Cover loosely with a towel and let rise in warm place
until dough rises about pan top (about 45 minutes).
6. Bake at 350° F about 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and
cool on wire rack.
7. To make apple glaze, combine powdered sugar, apple juice concentrate and
water. Spread glaze over top of warm baked loaf and let cool on wire rack.