Cincinnati-style chili features cocoa powder, cinnamon and allspice melding with the traditional chili seasonings of onion, garlic, chili powder and cumin.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (15 oz.) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz.) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 cups
- 6 ounces dried spaghetti, cooked (about 3 cups cooked)
- Shredded cheddar cheese
1. In large saucepan cook onion and garlic in oil over medium heat about 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in kidney beans, undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, chili powder, cocoa powder, cinnamon, cumin and allspice. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
2. Stir MORNINGSTAR FARMS MEAL STARTERS GRILLERS RECIPE CRUMBLES into bean mixture. Return to boiling. Reduce heat. Cook and stir until heated through.
3. Serve chili mixture over hot spaghetti. Top with cheese (if desired).