Chutney Stuffed Fish
Scrumptious flavor and stunning presentation combine to make this simple fish recipe a keeper. Try it for your next dinner party or keep the recipe on hand in case of unexpected guests – this beautiful dish can even be made in the microwave!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 jar (9 oz.) chutney chopped divided
- 1 egg white
- 3 tablespoons orange juice divided
- 1 1/2 pounds thin fish fillets
1. In large bowl, combine KELLOGG'S COMPLETE Wheat Bran Flakes cereal, onion, celery, 1/2 cup of the chutney, egg white, and 2 tablespoons of the orange juice. Set aside.
2. Cut fish lengthwise and place around sides of 6-ounce custard cups coated with cooking spray. Remove custard cups. Portion about 1/4 cup cereal stuffing in center of fish. Place in shallow baking pan and cover tightly with foil.
3. Bake at 350° F about 30 minutes or until fish flakes and stuffing is hot. For food safety, the internal temperature of the fish should be a minimum of 145ºF. Heat remaining chutney and orange juice. Serve over hot fish.
Microwave Directions: Prepare as above. Place custard cups in microwave-safe dish. Cover with plastic wrap. Cook on HIGH 3 minutes. Rotate dish; continue cooking 3 minutes longer or until fish flakes and stuffing is hot. For food safety, the internal temperature of the fish should be a minimum of 145ºF. Serve with chutney sauce.
NOTE: This recipe was tested in 700-watt microwave oven. Microwave cooking times may vary depending on oven.