Chocolate vs Walnut Playbook
Kick off your game-day celebration by making and decorating this full-pan recipe. Frost the field, line up your "players" and dig in.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal Buy Now
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Food coloring
- 11 milk chocolate Hershey kisses or dark chocolate Hershey kisses
- 11 walnut halves
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Spread with white frosting. Use tinted frosting to pipe yard lines on top. Place chocolate pieces and walnut halves to represent football players. Use frosting to draw motion arrows. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
Microwave Directions: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.