Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal adds crunch to rich, creamy truffles. They're the perfect addition to a holiday cookie platter.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
1. Melt chocolate in double boiler over simmering water, stirring until smooth.
2. In medium saucepan, bring cream, butter and corn syrup to hard simmer over
low heat (about 160° F). Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes. Whisk in
chocolate, almond flavoring and the 1 1/2 tablespoons whipping cream.
3. Refrigerate until mixture cools to 80° F about 15-20 minutes. Whip mixture
at medium speed until slightly thickened and lighter in color.
4. Using a spoon, drop small balls approximately one-inch in diameter, onto
wax-paper surface. Refrigerate mounds until hardened, at least one hour.
5. Remove chilled truffle balls and roll in crushed KELLOGG'S COCOA KRISPIES
cereal. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Any of the following flavors can be used in place of almond flavoring:
Cream de cocoa
Cream de menthe