Festive was never more flavorful! These gorgeous black-and-white beauties are a lovely addition to your next Christmas cookie exchange. They're picture-perfect with a cracked powdered sugar topping that's reminiscent of a snowy landscape.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 4 squares (1 oz. each) unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In 3-quart saucepan, melt shortening and chocolate together over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat. Cool. Stir in granulated sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture, mixing until combined. Stir in KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and walnuts. Cover and chill until dough is stiff.
3. Using level tablespoons of dough shape into balls. Roll in powdered
sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
4. Bake at 350°F about 14 minutes or until set. Cool slightly before removing from baking sheets. Place on wire racks to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Cookies are soft when removed from oven, but will become firm when cool.