Chocolate Nut Muffins
One taste of these rich, fudgy muffins and you might never bother with brownies again! Made with unsweetened cocoa and a dash of cinnamon, plus a boost of fiber from whole-wheat flour and All-Bran® cereal. Chopped walnuts add extra crunch - yum!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
1. Stir together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cocoa and walnuts.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let
stand 2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and margarine. Beat well. Add
flour mixture, mixing only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch
muffin pans coated with cooking spray or paper liners.
5. Bake at 400° F about 18 minutes or until golden. Serve warm.