Chocolate Mint Rice Krispies Treats® Recipe, by Robyn Wright
A salty and sweet combination of Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® and chocolate covered, creamy mint pieces.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 packages (4 oz. each) chocolate covered, creamy mint pieces
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 oz. (30 each) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
1. Place chocolate covered, creamy mint pieces in freezer for 10 minutes. Remove from freezer and chop.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, place KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal and mint pieces. Set aside.
3. Spray a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
4. In medium saucepan, place butter and salt over low heat. Stir until butter is melted.
5. Add marshmallows to melted butter and stir until melted, approximately 5 minutes.
6. Add melted marshmallow mixture to cereal mixture. Working quickly, mix well.
7. Evenly press cereal mixture into prepared baking pan.
8. Use a piece of wax paper sprayed with cooking spray to press evently into pan.
9. Allow to cool at least 15 minute prior to serving. To serve, cut into 2 x 2-inch bars.