Chocolate Covered Strawberry Crunch
A little bit candy (though far easier to make) and a little bit bar cookie--that's the fun of these cereal desserts. Kellogg's® Special K® Red Berries cereal, cashews and coconut are coated with semi-sweet chocolate, then patted onto foil to cool.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Red Berries
- 1/2 cup broken dry roasted cashews
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 package (12 oz., 2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
1. Place 24-inch piece foil on baking sheet. Set aside.
2. Measure KELLOGG'S SPECIAL K Red Berries cereal, cashews and coconut. Set aside.
3. In heavy 3-quart saucepan, melt chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add cereal mixture, tossing until cereal is completely coated. Spread evenly on foil. Melt white chocolate and shortening over low heat, stirring constantly. Drizzle over chocolate cereal mixture. Refrigerate until firm. Break into bite-size pieces. Store in airtight container.