Chocolate Chunk Peppermint Crunch Cookies
Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal adds a crispy, crunch to these peppermint-and-chocolate-chunk drop cookies.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed peppermint candies (about 22 starlight mints)
1. In medium bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat butter and shortening on medium speed of electric mixer until fluffy. Add brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat until combined. Add eggs and vanilla, beat until fluffy. Mix in as much of the flour mixture as you can with mixer. Stir in any remaining flour mixture.
3. Add chocolate chunks, KELLOGG’S COCOA KRISPIES cereal, walnuts and peppermint candies. Stir until combined.
4. On cookie sheets lined with parchment paper drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls. Bake at 375° F for 8 to 9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer to wire rack. Cool completely.