Chocolate Bran Waffles
Syrup? Jam? Butter? Strawberries? What's your favorite filling for all those delicious, waffle-y nooks and crannies? Whatever it is, we bet you'll love it even more with these crispy-sweet breakfast treats. And they're full of fiber, calcium and iron. So go ahead – indulge!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 3/4 cups skim milk
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Fresh fruit for topping (optional)
1. Stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand
2 minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg whites and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture,
stirring only until combined. Portion into hot, waffle iron, baking until lightly browned.
Serve hot, with fresh fruit, if desired.