These colorful, minty, chocolatey confections are the perfect make-your-own candy for their next school birthday party. All-Bran® cereal lends a satisfying crunch and a touch of fiber. Party-perfect!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint flavoring
- 3 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- Multi-colored sprinkles
1. In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, combine sugar and cocoa. Add milk and margarine. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to full boil. Remove from heat.
2. Stir flavorings into hot chocolate mixture. Add KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and mix until all cereal is coated. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto wax paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle each candy lightly with colored sprinkles. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.