Choco-Dot Pumpkin Cake
This is the perfect dessert to serve at your next Halloween party. A rich, moist and tender pumpkin cake, studded with rich chocolate morsels and chewy walnuts − dare we say it? It's frightfully good!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 35 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (1 lb., 2 cups) pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1 package (6 oz., 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt and spice. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Add pumpkin, oil and KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal. Mix well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Stir in chocolate morsels and nuts. Spread evenly in ungreased 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan.
3. Bake at 350° F about 1 hour and 10 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool completely before removing from pan. Drizzle with powdered sugar glaze, if desired.
Glaze: Combine 1 cup powdered sugar and 4 teaspoons warm water
The following ingredients combined can be substituted for the 2 1/2 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice.
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon ginger
A 10 x 4-inch tube pan may be substituted for 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan