Brownies never had it so good. This one-of-a kind treat combines bananas, All-Bran® cereal, and creamy, silky, melted real chocolate. After this delicious concoction is baked, it's topped with a velvety frosting made with even more melted chocolate.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup mashed, fully ripe bananas (about 3 medium-size)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Original cereal
- or 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal Buy Now
- 1 package (6 oz., 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate morsels, melted
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 package (6 oz., 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1. In medium mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, soda, salt and
cinnamon. Set aside.
2. Measure margarine, granulated sugar, bananas, egg, milk, KELLOGG'S
ALL-BRAN cereal and 1 cup melted chocolate into large mixing bowl. Beat until
well combined. Add flour mixture. Mix well. Stir in nuts. Spread batter evenly in
13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray and flour.
3. Bake at 350° F about 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted near center
comes out clean. Cool completely on wire rack.
4. To prepare frosting, melt shortening and chocolate together in medium
saucepan over very low heat, stirring constantly until smooth. Remove from heat.
Add remaining ingredients, mixing until smooth.Spread Chocolate Velvet
Frosting over cooled bars. Cut into bars.