Chipotle Turkey-Veggie Chili
Chipotle peppers, packed in adobo sauce, kick up the flavor of this veggie-packed chili. Serve it before the big game.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup seeded and chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/4 pounds extra lean ground turkey
- 2 cups water
- 1 can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (15 oz.) reduced-sodium kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
1. In Dutch oven cook onion, bell pepper, carrots and garlic in hot oil until tender. Stir in cumin. Cook and stir for 1 minute more.
2. Add ground turkey. Cook, stirring to break up meat, until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in water, tomatoes, kidney beans, chipotle pepper and basil. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in zucchini and corn. Return to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes more. Ladle into serving bowls. Serve topped with KEEBLER CLUB Cornbread Cracker Bites Homestyle.