Chipotle Black Bean Burger Taco Sandwiches with Caramelized Onions
Scrumptious caramelized onion and a fresh-tasting salsa, made from tomato, fresh pineapple, lime juice and cumin, top the MorningStar Farms® Chipotle Black Bean Burgers in these delicious taco sandwiches.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 cup seeded and chopped plum tomato
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (2 oz.) Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 4 hamburger buns, split
1. In small bowl toss together tomato, pineapple, lime juice and cumin. Let stand at room temperature until serving time.
2. In large nonstick skillet heat oil. Stir in onion. Cook, covered, over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until onion begins to sweat. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 10 to 15 minutes more or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
3. Prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS Chipotle Black Bean Burgers according to package directions. Immediately top burgers with cheese. Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
4. Serve burgers, onion mixture and tomato mixture in buns.