Chilled Black Bean Soup
This satisfying soup of tomatoes, beans and zucchini is the perfect dinner for hot, summer days.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hour 15 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated Asiago cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 cups seeded and quartered tomatoes, divided
- 1 can (11.5 oz, 1 1/2 cups) spicy hot vegetable juice, divided
- 1 can (15 oz.) reduced-sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups coarsely chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
1. In small bowl place KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal. Drizzle with butter. Sprinkle with basil. Toss until coated. Sprinkle with cheese and garlic powder. Toss to combine. In 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray place cereal mixture. Bake at 250°F for 10 minutes or until crisp and light brown. Cool completely.*
2. In food processor combine 2 cups of the tomatoes and 1/4 cup of the vegetable juice. Cover and process until tomatoes are coarsely chopped. Pour into large bowl. Repeat with remaining 2 cups tomatoes and additional 1/4 cup of the vegetable juice.
3. Stir remaining vegetable juice, beans, zucchini, pepper and onions into tomato mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
4. Before serving, stir tomato mixture. Ladle into serving bowls. Top each serving with some sour cream and cereal mixture.
*NOTE: Cereal mixture may be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week.