Recipe submitted by: Heather Vails.
This recipe was submitted by a MorningStar Farms® fan. MorningStar Farms® brand does not test or endorse any of the recipes submitted by fans.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 4 to 5 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 8 oz undrained stewed tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato soup
- 8 oz undrained kidney beans
- 4 oz canned mushrooms, undrained
- 4 or 5 MorningStar Farms® Veggie Bacon Strips Buy Now
- 1 bag
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
Heat olive oil in skillet. Add onion, celery and garlic and sauté. Transfer to crock pot. Add canned tomatoes, tomato soup, kidney beans, and mushrooms. Break up cooked bacon strips and add to pot. Add crumbles. Mix ingredients thoroughly. Add chili powder and combine. Turn crock pot on medium (for half-day cooking) or low (for all-day cooking). Stir occasionally if desired.