Chik'n™ Bundles Recipe
MorningStar Farms® Chik'n Strips mingle with cream cheese, dried cherries, celery, onion, carrots and fresh herbs inside these flaky pastry bundles.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 package
- 6 ounces light cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cherries (optional)
- 1 cup Italian cheese crumbles
- 2 packages low fat refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
1. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add onions, celery, carrots and
3. Place cream cheese and butter in large, microwave safe bowl. Heat at medium power until very soft, approximately 1 1/2 minutes.
4. Add vegetable mixture, rosemary, sage, thyme, pepper, dried cherries and cheese crumbles to bowl. Mix well.
5. Open both crescent dough packages and divide each package into 8 squares.
6. Place each square on baking sheet. Press lightly along perforations to assure dough stays together.
7. Place 1/3 cup Chik'n mixture into the middle of each square.
8. Gather the corners of the dough at the top to form a "bundle". Twist ends together and press edges together to seal.
9. Brush melted butter over each bundle.
10. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon
11. Bake at 350°F approximately 20 minutes or until browned.