Chicken Strips with Orange Sauce
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, split (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced green onion tops
1. Place crumbs on waxed paper or in shallow pan. In small bowl, beat
together egg and water until thoroughly combined. Combine flour and seasoning in small bowl; set aside.
2. Wash chicken and cut each split breast lengthwise into 4 long strips, about 1 inch thick by 1 inch wide. Roll each piece in seasoned flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with crumbs. Place on greased or foil-lined sheet pan. Do not crowd. Drizzle with margarine.
3. Bake in 350° F oven about 20 minutes or until chicken is tender and golden brown. Serve hot with warm Orange Sauce.
4. To make orange sauce, combine brown sugar and cornstarch in 1-quart saucepan. Gradually add water, orange juice and vinegar, mixing until smooth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture begins to boil. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer. Stir in onions.