Chicken Spinach Medley
Here's the perfect take-along dish for your next pot-luck dinner--a layer of spinach topped with velvety, Parmesan-sauced chicken.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups Kellogg's Corn Flakes® cereal Buy Now
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Corn Flake Crumbs Buy Now
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups cubed, cooked chicken or turkey
1. In small mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S CORN FLAKES cereal and the 1 tablespoon butter. Set aside for topping.
2. Cook spinach according to package directions. Drain well. Arrange spinach in bottom of shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish, coated with cooking spray.
3. In 2-quart saucepan, melt the 2 tablespoons butter over low heat. Stir in flour and seasonings. Add milk, stirring until smooth. Increase heat to medium and cook until mixture boils, stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese and chicken. Spread over spinach layer. Sprinkle cereal topping over sauce.
4. Bake at 350° F about 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated and bubbly around the edges.. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve hot.