Instant brown rice dramatically cuts the cooking time for this quick version of the Spanish classic. Studded with chicken and a myriad of colorful and delicious vegetables, this summery entrée is perfect for dining al fresco with guests. Viva Espana!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless split chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup instant brown rice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen baby peas
- 1 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
1. In large nonstick skillet cook onion in oil for 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken, carrot, garlic, paprika and turmeric. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or just until chicken begins to brown.
2. Stir in broth, rice, salt and pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Uncover. Simmer about 2 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in tomato and peas. Let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in KELLOGG'S COMPLETE ALL-BRAN WHEAT BRAN FLAKES cereal.