Chicken Paella (6 Servings)
Chicken, veggies and rice are spiced with the penetrating flavors of paprika and turmeric. It's a delicious one-dish dinner that's sure to make a memorable meal.
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless split chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chopped carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 1/3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cups instant brown rice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 package (9 oz.) frozen baby peas
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal Buy Now
1. In very large (12 inch) nonstick skillet cook onion in oil about 4 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken, carrot, garlic, paprika and turmeric. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2 minutes or just until chicken begins to brown.
2. Stir in broth, rice, salt and pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Uncover. Simmer about 3 minutes or until most of the liquid evaporates.
3. Remove from heat. Stir in tomato and peas. Let stand, covered for 5 minutes. Stir in KELLOGG'S COMPLETE WHEAT BRAN FLAKES cereal.